If you are planning an event and need a professional host, speaker, chair, compere or facilitator, Rachel Sloane is available to give a professional gloss to the occasion.
To see the advantages of using an independent professional facilitator click here.
With her long experience of chairing radio phone-ins and debates, Rachel is regularly used by many different organisations as a facilitator.
Previous events include:
- IRLA National Congress, (The Grand Hotel, Brighton, 2019)
- East of England Co-operative Society “Sourced Locally” events (Wherstead Park, annually 2012-2018)
- “Anglia Business Spotlight” for Ipswich and Suffolk Small Business Association (2015, 2017, 2018)
- Institute of Directors East- Enterprising Women in the East – Newmarket Racecourse Conference Centre (2017)
- “Embracing self-care – one year on” – Eastern Academic Health Science Network (Newmarket Racecourse Conference Centre 2017)
- East of England Co-op colleague conferences (Wherstead Park, Spring and Autumn 2017)
- Suffolk County Coucil Health and Wellbeing Conferences (Wherstead Park, 2015, 2017, 2018 and 2019)
- British Society of Hearing Aid Audiologists (BSHHA) National Congress, Telford (2015) and Nottingham (2016)
- Federation of Small Businesses (EA) Hustings events for 2015 General election and the Police and Crime Commisioner election
- Regional conferences for ICAEW at the Imperial War Museum, Duxford
- Suffolk and Essex CIPD Well-Being Event, and their 100th anniversary Question Time
- “Whose in Charge?” national conference on child to parent abuse (Ipswich Borough Council)
- Suffolk Agricultural Association/Suffolk County Council: Food and Agriculture Conference
- Police and Crime Commissioner elections conferences and hustings events for Suffolk Police Authority, Federation of Small Businesses and Suffolk Safer Futures Communities Network
- Suffolk County Council: Sustainable Transport Conference (Endeavour House)
- Lowestoft Chamber of Commerce Business Awards
- Chartered Institute of Marketing: East of England Conferences in Suffolk, Norfolk and Essex
- Suffolk Institute of Directors Question-time Dinners
- NHS Suffolk: Out of Hours Care public meetings, Community Conversations and Apprentice Awards
- NHS Mid Essex: Carers Visioning Day
- University of Essex: Communications team annual conferences
- Conservative Association Open Primaries (as an independent outside moderator).
- University Campus Suffolk: Business conferences
- Yeo Group: Customer focus group.
Rachel offers a professional facilitation service for your event and will use her experience to help you to decide your objectives for the event, and help you to plan the content to achieve that end.
“Thank you very much indeed for your excellent chairing of yesterday’s conference. We’ve had some good feedback and everything went according to plan. It was very reassuring to know we had a professional at the helm,” Phillipa Bourne, Regional Director, East of England ICAEW
“A big thank you to Rachel who once again ensured that the event ran without a glitch and facilitated the panel session superbly. I received many positive comments about the event and many referred to how good the panel session was which was due not only to the strengths of our panel members but also to Rachel’s skills as a facilitator”, Michael Gray, Economic Development Officer, Suffolk County Council.
“The event was a great success and we have received many positive comments from winners and guests. Your skills and expertise in hosting events was very evident in the smooth running of the day. You made all of the winners feel very special.” Julie White, Apprenticeship Co-ordinator, NHS Suffolk.
“We’ve had some very positive feedback following last Thursday and a number of people have said how good they thought you were, so thanks again for your hard work, enthusiasm, ideas and crowd control abilities!” Jo Davies, Internal Communications Officer, University of Essex
“I really want to thank Rachel for facilitating and helping create the atmosphere in which people can talk and feel listened to. We’ve had a letter thanking us for a ‘brilliant’ event – the right pace, interesting throughout and finishing on time!” Anne Spalding, Equality and Diversity Officer, NHS Suffolk.
“A very big personal thank you for helping us make yesterday’s event run so smoothly – I am absolutely certain that without you we wouldn’t have been on schedule and there would have been a number of uncomfortable pauses. It was a great pleasure working with a real professional!” David Baker, Charting Success Ltd